Thanks for choosing Workshop, a product of Workshop Tech Solutions Ltd (“Workshop”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”).
- Explain the way we collect, use, share and protect the information you share with us in order to help us build a great product and to provide you with a great experience across our mobile services, web site, and any software provided on or in connection with Workshop services (collectively, the “Service”).
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it;
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
Broadly speaking, there are two categories of information we collect: 1) information that we must have in order for you to use Workshop; and 2) information that we can use to provide additional features and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
The first category includes:
- Registration information, including your name, email, and other information you provide when you sign up for Workshop.
- The workshops you sign up to and your interactions with the Service. This allows us to make recommendations to you and suggest relevant content.
- Technical information necessary to operate Workshop. This includes the type of browser and device you use.
The second category includes information that enables us to offer you additional features. We never receive any of the following information unless you expressly choose to share it with us. It’s as simple as that. Here are some examples:
- Your photos: We will only access images that you specifically choose, and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. This allows you to choose individual pictures to change your profile picture or upload as a challenge submission. You can stop sharing photos and revoke access at any time.
- Your microphone: We will never access or use your microphone unless you give us explicit permission. This could enable you to control Workshop with your voice, and you will always have the ability to disable access to the microphone.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information.
In some situations we will share certain information with third parties. For example, like most services, if you sign up for Workshop through a third party like Facebook or a mobile provider, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account.
The information we collect
We may collect and store the following information –
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for the Service.
- If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) (e.g., Facebook), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number).
- Communications between you and Workshop. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Usage, log data & cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- Information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with workshops, other audiovisual content, other Workshop users, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
- the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request;
- Photos, comments, and other materials (“User Content”) that you post to the Service.
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Workshop Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Workshop application version.
Your mobile device
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. (You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share, but we will never import the photos you review except those you explicitly share.).
- Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
If You make any purchases through our Services, such as Workshops, We may collect certain information regarding Your purchase (such as Your name and postal/zip code) as necessary to process Your order, and You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to Your name, credit card information, billing address and postal/zip code. We do not directly access, store or collect Your credit card information, and We will not use the payment information We collect except as needed to fulfill Your purchase and/or communicate with You regarding Your transaction.
We partner with payment providers such as Stripe and others. All direct payment gateways like Stripe, adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information.
Sweepstakes, promotions & surveys
How we use the information we collect
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
Sharing by you
The Workshop Service is a collaborative social service that offers many ways to find, learn, enjoy and share content. We encourage you to take advantage of these social features with others on the Service.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Workshop API have copied or saved that information.
Third party applications
- Workshop enables you to share particular items of content that you have created or completed, on an individual basis, to Third Party Applications, other third party services, other Workshop users, and others. Please note that if you share content to a Third Party Application or a third party service, it may be viewable by others within the Workshop Service.
Sharing by Workshop
Marketing and advertising
We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Workshop or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The information we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not personally identify you.
Please see the section Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection below for information about the cookies and other technologies that we and third parties use to serve you more relevant ads and your options.
Service providers and others
Certain Workshop partners
If you access the Workshop Service through an offer that you received or purchased from a third party such as your mobile network operator, we may also share information with that third party about your use of the Workshop Service, such as whether and to what extent you have used the offer, activated a Workshop account, or actively used the Service.
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Workshop, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms that you have agreed to; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the Workshop Service.
We provide you with settings to allow you to choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public information, and set your sharing preferences. However, as explained in the section Sharing by you, certain information may always be publicly available to others and other information is made publicly available to others by default. And if you share information to a Third Party Application, that information may be viewable on Workshop, regardless of how you set your privacy settings.
Storage and processing
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Workshop or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Workshop or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties identified above, located in a country outside of the EEA, where you may have fewer legal rights in relation to your information. Please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Workshop cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Workshop or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Workshop, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
Workshop does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Accessing and updating user information
Information about cookies and similar technologies
What are cookies and other technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognise your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices.
There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognise your device when you return to an app or otherwise use the a service.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
Cookie Type – Purpose
Essential Operation – These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Service as you have requested. For example, they let us recognise what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with services accordingly.
Performance / Analytics – We use these cookies to analyse how the Service is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve the Service. We may also obtain information from our email newsletters, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
Functional – These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Service, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided, such as knowing your username, remembering how you have customised our services, and reminding you of content you have enjoyed.
Manage your cookie and other preferences
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
Please note that even if you opt out using the mechanisms above, you may still receive advertisements when using the Workshop Service.
We work with advertising partners to serve advertisements on the Workshop Service. One of the services we use to track activity related to the Service, e.g., by placing cookies, is Google Analytics by Google (Google, Inc. a company headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). We may use vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our websites, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. Google provides tools to manage the collection and use of certain information by Google Analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings at google.com/settings/ads.
You hereby consent to the use of the cookies and other technologies described above.
How to contact us