Master the Core Skills of a Young Aspiring Chef, At Home
Learn the essential skills and techniques that will lead to a lifetime of delicious cooking for young, developing chefs, with Leiths’ 6-week Cookery Toolbox for Teenagers Online Course and Certificate.
Leiths School of Food and Wine has “seen oodles of students start up their own businesses or work in Michelin-starred restaurants.”
– The Independent
A Complete Cookery Toolbox For Young Chefs
If you have a passion for delicious food and are a young, developing cook, this is the course for you.
Young students aged 13 – 18 years old will gain a range of key cooking skills on this practical, fun-packed course for budding chefs. With the help of an expert Leiths mentor, teenagers will learn to cook an array of tasty, family-friendly recipes for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Each recipe is packed with lots of top cookery tips, leaving young chefs inspired to keep on cooking with confidence and creativity.
Earn a Leiths-approved Certificate of Completion
Get your Leiths-approved Certificate of Completion, acknowledging your growth as a young chef, and giving you the confidence to continue developing your skills moving forward
Learn By Cooking!
Unlike your usual class, you can do this whole course from your own kitchen. You’ll learn a wide range of core cooking skills, techniques and practices by cooking along with teachers from the world-renowned Leiths School of Food and Wine.
Access Anywhere, Anytime
Access high-quality video classes as you learn from the world’s leading cooking instructors. Follow step-by-step video guided cooking sessions in the comfort of your own home, on mobile, tablet or on the web.
Show Off Your Skills
Learn alongside a class of likeminded aspiring young cooks and receive real feedback on your cooking sessions from your dedicated class mentor.
Cookery Toolbox for Teenagers: 6-Week Online Course
This 6-week course will guide young chefs through fundamental cooking skills, techniques and practices that they need to continue following their passion for delicious food.
Each week, you will unlock a new batch of video-based sessions that take you step-by-step through the process of cooking a variety of recipes. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be cooking from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
By joining the course, you will have access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 6 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through ~3 hours of cooking time each week
- 13 individual cooking sessions
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentor
- Feedback on your dishes from your class and mentor via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- A Certificate of Completion after you complete everything on the course
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable Leiths recipes and additional notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for 12 months from your start date
Average cooking time: 3 hours per week
- At the start of each week, you will be prompted to schedule 1-4 practical sessions and to gather all the kit you’ll need to start cooking.
- In every session, you will follow a Leiths teacher through a series of step-by-step videos in your own kitchen, learning directly through your experience.
- After each session, you will be asked to upload photos of your creations for discussion and feedback from your classmates and mentor.
- Once you have completed all sessions on the course, you will earn your Certificate of Completion.
- Kitchen Intro: Health & Safety, Knife Skills – Caramelised Onion Hummus and Crudites
- Filo Fish Pie, Minty Peas and Greens – Blueberry, Lemon and Almond Crumble Cake
- Pan Pizza and Sauce Pizzaiola – Vanilla Panna Cotta, Steeped Berries and Crumble
- Spanish Chicken, Chorizo and Red Pepper Tray Bake – Pavlovas with Lemon Curd Cream and Raspberries
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Chilli Con Carne – Delicious Chocolate Brownies
- Weekend Brunch: Granola, American Style Pancakes, Smoothies and Frittata Muffins
Brighten Up Lockdown
This brilliant new course is an ideal way to make the most of your time indoors. In recognition of the situation we all find ourselves in, we are offering a temporary discount of £100, leaving you a little more to spend on ingredients.
Leiths School of Food and Wine, on Workshop
Leiths School of Food and Wine has been equipping aspiring cooks with the skills to flourish in the food world since 1975.
With a philosophy grounded in teaching the individual within a close and collaborative community, they have put immense efforts into ensuring that their online course reflects their core values.
With Workshop’s unique learning experience, they are now able to teach hands-on cooking skills to people in their own homes, providing in-depth feedback and a close community network just as they do at their school in London.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to complete sessions at specific times?
What if I miss a week?
There’s no need to worry if you have to miss a week or two during the course. You’ll have access to all course sessions for a total of 12 months from your start date, and so you’ll have plenty of time to catch up if you need to.
How will I interact with my class?
Each week, your class will unlock a new unit prompting you all to cook the same dishes within the same week. At the end of every session, you will be asked to upload a photo of your dish, which your class and mentor will be able to view, like and provide feedback on.
Can I try before I buy?
This simple workshop is representative of the way in which you will complete cooking sessions on the course.
How much contact will I get with my mentor?
You can contact your mentor through the group chat on the app at any time, and will receive a response within 48 hours. Your mentor will also be able to grade and comment on your photo uploads with any feedback they may have.
When will I get to meet my class?
What is the typical workload per week of the course?
Will I get a list of all the cooking equipment I’ll need for the course ahead of time?
What is your cancellation policy?
If you book your place within 30 days of the course start date, you can claim a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
How long will I have access to the course?
Do you offer discounts for large groups of students?
Yes, we offer group discounts, so if you’re a teacher, or part of a parents’ group, email [email protected] to enquire.
LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT
30-day money back guarantee*
This course is exclusively for students aged 13-18.
By continuing, you agree that the student who will be taking this course is aged 13-18, has their parent or guardian’s consent to sign up to Workshop and will have adult supervision throughout the duration of the course. Any students breaking these rules risk being removed from the course without refund.
We also offer group discounts, so if you’re a teacher, or part of a parents’ group, speak to a member of our team.Enquire