Master the foundational skills of plant-based cooking at home.
Learn the skills and techniques that will lead to a lifetime of plant-based and planet-friendly meals, with Leiths’ 6-week Plant-Based Eating Online Cooking Course.
Leiths School of Food and Wine has “seen oodles of students start up their own businesses or work in Michelin-starred restaurants.”
– The Independent
“Leiths is the Oxbridge of the Food World.”
– Tim Hayward, FT Magazine
Broaden Your Plant-based Horizons, Without Compromising on Flavour
Are you intrigued by plant-based cooking and excited to master vegan versions of some of your all-time comforting favourites?
Whether you’ve already adopted a plant-based lifestyle, or you’re keen to explore the foundations, this practical, hands-on course will provide you with new ideas and fresh approaches to vegetables and other exciting fare, designed to elevate your cooking skills to an impressive new level. Embrace a host of unique flavours and discover how to prepare a broad range of well-loved, wholesome dishes using entirely plant-based ingredients.
Centred around several celebrated eating occasions, this immersive 6-week online course will arm you with flavoursome dishes steering away from the bland vegan staples, and expand your adventurous repertoire.
With the guidance of Leiths professional chefs and educators, you’ll master a lavish weekend brunch spread complete with a fluffy pancake stack and “buttery” mushrooms on toast, a globally inspired street food feast with Korean tofu bulgogi and fragrant Jamaican jackfruit curry, and the ultimate plant-based Sunday roast with all the trimmings.
For enthusiastic cooks who are ready to take the leap towards a full-time diet of plant-rich recipes, this course will lead you to reimagine classic favourites with a vegan – but no less delicious – twist, and diversify your everyday meals. And for those just beginning to explore plant-based cooking, who are perhaps considering Veganuary for next year or intending to introduce even just one vegan day to their week, Leiths’ Plant-Based Eating course will help you make small changes that feel natural.
Earn a Leiths-approved Certificate of Completion
When you finish the course, you’ll be awarded a Leiths-approved Certificate of Completion, acknowledging your growth as a chef.
Learn from the Finest Teachers in Your Own Home
Learn a vast variety of professional cooking skills, techniques and practices from the world-renowned Leiths School of Food and Wine
Access your step-by-step, video guided cooking sessions anywhere on mobile, tablet or on the web
Learn alongside a class of likeminded aspiring cooks and receive real feedback on your cooking sessions from your dedicated class mentor
Plant-Based Eating: 6-Week Online Course
This 6 part course covers a wide range of eating occasions and you will cook alongside our skilled Leiths teachers who’ll be lifting the lid on some key fundamental plant-based cookery skills and techniques.
The 6 units are packed full of popular dishes and recipes have been cleverly selected to cover a wide range of foundation cookery skills. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be cooking from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
By joining the course, you will have access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 6 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through ~3 hours of cooking time each week
- 12 individual cooking sessions
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from your class mentor
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentor
- Feedback on your dishes from your class and mentor via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- A final assessment to earn your course Certificate of Completion
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable Leiths recipes and theory notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for an additional 6 months after your assessment
- The opportunity to progress onto the Leiths Essential Cooking Online Course and Certificate
Average cooking time: 3 to 4 hours per week
- At the start of each week, you will be prompted to schedule 1-3 practical sessions and to gather all the kit and ingredients you’ll need to start cooking.
- In every session, you will follow a Leiths teacher through a series of step-by-step videos in your own kitchen, learning directly through your experience.
- After each session, you will be asked to upload photos of your creations for discussion and feedback from your classmates and mentor.
- Once you have completed all sessions on the course, you will earn your Certificate of Completion.
- Plant-based brunch
- Plant-based Italian classics
- Plant-based street food
- Plant-based healthy eating
- Plant-based comfort food
- Plant-based roasting and traditional accompaniments
What Our Students Say
This course is brand new, and so our first classes are still making their way through. In the meantime, take a look at what students are saying about our other courses to give you a flavour of what’s to come…
Leiths School of Food and Wine, on Workshop
Leiths School of Food and Wine has been equipping aspiring cooks with the skills to flourish in the food world since 1975.
With a philosophy grounded in teaching the individual within a close and collaborative community, they have put immense efforts into ensuring that their online course reflects their core values.
With Workshop’s unique learning experience, they are now able to teach hands-on cooking skills to people in their own homes, providing in-depth feedback and a close community network just as they do at their school in London.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to complete sessions at specific times?
What if I miss a week?
How will I interact with my class?
Can I try before I buy?
How much contact will I get with my mentor?
When will I get to meet my class?
What is the typical workload per week of the course?
Will I get a list of all the cooking equipment I’ll need for the course ahead of time?
How long will I have access to the course?
You’ll have access to your course dashboard for a total time of 6 months after your start date. Units (including video sessions and supporting materials) will become available week-by-week as your class progresses through the course.