Become an Expert in Nutrition and Healthy Cooking, At Home
Learn the cookery skills and nutrition principles to cook healthy, balanced meals for anyone with this 20-week Accredited Online Nutrition Course, from Leiths and The Pure Package.
Leiths School of Food and Wine has “seen oodles of students start up their own businesses or work in Michelin-starred restaurants.”
– The Independent
Learn the Key Principles of Nutrition and Healthy Cooking
As you probably already know, our food choices have a major impact on our overall health and wellbeing.
However, among the endless supply of information available, how can you separate nutritional facts from fiction and confidently cook up the best meals for a healthy diet?
If you’ve ever dreamt of launching a bespoke catering service, working as a specialist private chef, becoming a health and fitness guru, starting a healthy café or simply providing your family with a healthy diet, it’s crucial that you understand the principles of nutrition and learn how to apply this knowledge in the kitchen.
Leiths School of Food and Wine, the most prestigious and respected cookery school in Britain, has joined forces with award-winning gourmet dietary food service The Pure Package to launch Nutrition in Culinary Practice Online – a unique hands-on course which combines nutritional theory with practical cookery tuition, all made available to you in your own home.
Learn from the Finest Teachers in Your Own Home
Learn nutritional theory and practical healthy cooking skills from Leiths School of Food and Wine in collaboration with The Pure Package
Access your step-by-step, video guided cooking sessions anywhere on mobile, tablet or on the web
Learn alongside a class of likeminded people and receive real feedback on your cooking sessions and nutritional ideas from your 2 dedicated class mentors
Get your Leiths-approved Certificate of Completion, and earn the opportunity to come to London to receive the full NTEC-accredited certification
Nutrition In Culinary Practice: 20-Week Professional Online Course
Through this 20-week course, two expert mentors (one cook, one nutritionist) will guide you through all the fundamental nutritional theory and practical cooking skills needed to create healthy dishes and bespoke meal plans both at home and in professional environments.
Each week, you will unlock a new batch of video-based sessions that take you step-by-step through the theory of nutrition and the practical application of healthy cooking in your own kitchen. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be guided through your own research and cooking healthy meals in no time.
In addition, between sessions you will be guided through the preparation of a five day meal plan for your own “client” with specific nutrition requirements – this will be submitted at the end of the course for assessment.
At the end of the course, if you successfully complete all units, you will be invited to attend a two-day assessment at Leiths’ London kitchens for an additional fee, where you will have the opportunity to earn your NTEC-accredited certification.
By joining the course, you will have access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 20 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through ~3-4 hours of study and/or cooking time each week
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from both your cooking and nutrition-focused class mentors
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentors
- Feedback on your dishes and ideas from your class and mentors via a private in-app feed of photo and text submissions
- A final assessment to earn your course Certificate of Completion
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable recipes and theory notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for a total of 12 months after your course start date
- The opportunity to earn the full NTEC-accredited Nutrition In Culinary Practice Certificate at an additional two-day practical assessment in London
Average cooking time: 3-4 hours per week
- At the start of each week, you will be prompted to schedule 1-5 practical and/or theory-based sessions and to gather any kit you may need.
- In every practical “guided” session, you will follow a Leiths teacher through a series of step-by-step videos in your own kitchen, learning directly through your experience.
- In the theory-focused “reflective” sessions, a trained nutritionist will talk you through new concepts and give you time to research and reflect on a range of thought-provoking questions and exercises.
- After each session, you will be asked to upload photos of your creations and written explanations of your ideas for discussion and feedback from your classmates and mentors.
- Throughout the course, you will also gradually build your own 5-day plan for a “client” of your choosing.
- At the end of the course, your 5-day plan will be assessed and you will also be prompted to take a final assessment to earn your Certificate of Completion. To earn the full NTEC-accredited Nutrition in Culinary Practice Certificate, you can take an in-person assessment in London for an additional fee.
To receive your Certificate of Completion, your 5-day plan must be nutritionally accurate and you must pass an in-app assessment covering skills you have learnt during the course.
If you are opting for the full NTEC-accredited Nutrition in Culinary Practice Certificate, your mentors will review your progress to determine whether you’re ready for the practical two-day exam taking place at the school in London. This accreditation will come at an additional fee of £695.
Throughout this course, you will learn:
- Essential knowledge and skills to create healthy dishes and menus for yourself or clients
- To adapt everyday and classic cooking skills to make delicious healthy food
- To experiment with new ingredients to expand your repertoire
- Calculations to determine a client’s nutrient requirement
- Use of apps to calculate macronutrients as part of your recommended requirements
- Healthy eating and portion size – how to know how much of each food group to serve
- Knife skills and stock making
- Food presentation skills
- Carbohydrates and how they affect blood sugar levels
- Healthy snacks
- Grains and baking
- Essential fats and oils and how to use the ‘better’ oils for the healthiest results
- Proteins and essential proteins, including vegan options and how to get the best flavour using the healthiest cooking methods
- Vitamins, minerals, herbs and spices and how to maximise their impact on your cooking
- Popular diets and fads
- Raw food
- Fermenting and its benefits
- Cooking for clients at different life stages
- Cooking for clients with eating disorders
- Nutritionally dense foods
- Special dietary requirements, including allergies, food intolerances and gut health
Leiths and The Pure Package, on Workshop
Leiths School of Food and Wine has been equipping aspiring cooks with the skills to flourish in the food world since 1975.
With a philosophy grounded in teaching the individual within a close and collaborative community, they have put immense efforts into ensuring that their online course reflects their core values.
The Pure Package is London’s premier diet delivery service, born out of a desire to help busy people ensure that their nutritional needs were being taken care of, effortlessly and to the highest standard.
With Workshop’s unique learning experience, Leiths and The Pure Package are now able to pass on their nutritional expertise and teach hands-on cooking skills to people in their own homes, providing in-depth feedback and a close community network just as they do at their bases in London.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to complete sessions at specific times?
What if I miss a week?
How will I interact with my class?
Shortly before your course start date, you will be invited to introduce yourself to the rest of your class via messaging on the Workshop app.
Each week, your class will unlock a new unit prompting you all to cook the same dishes and answer the same questions within the same week. At the end of every session, you will be asked to upload a photo of your dish or a written explanation of your ideas, which your class and mentors will be able to view, like and provide feedback on.
Can I try before I buy?
This simple workshop is representative of the way in which you will complete cooking sessions on the course.
How much contact will I get with my mentors?
You can contact your mentors directly through the app at any time, and will receive a response within 48 hours. Your mentors will also be able to grade and comment on your uploads with any feedback they may have.
When will I get to meet my class?
What is the typical workload per week of the course?
With 1-5 practical and/or theory-based sessions to complete each week, you can typically expect to be cooking and studying for a combined total of about 3-4 hours a week.
Will I get a list of all the cooking equipment I’ll need for the course ahead of time?
Yes, we’ll send you a full equipment list before the course starts.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you book your place within 30 days of the course start date, you can claim a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
How long will I have access to the course?
How does the assessment work?
Your Certificate of Completion will be awarded if your 5-day plan is nutritionally accurate and if you pass a short assessment at the end of the course.
Can I earn the full Leiths Nutrition In Culinary Practice accreditation through this course?
This course can directly award you with a Certificate of Completion, but it is also possible to earn the full NTEC-accredited Nutrition In Culinary Practice certification with the skills you learn in this course.
At the end of the course, your mentors will review your progress to determine whether you’re ready for a practical two-day exam taking place at the school in London. This accreditation comes at an additional fee of £695.
For full accreditation, you can attend an optional two-day assessment in London for an additional £695.
If you have any questions, please call (+44) 208 749 6400 or email [email protected].