Master the Essential Skills of a Professional Makeup Artist, At Home
Learn the essential skills and techniques that will lead to a lifetime of successful fashion, TV & media makeup, with DFMA’s Professional Online Makeup Artist Course and Certificate.
Interested in Becoming a Professional Makeup Artist?
Makeup artistry can take you anywhere in the world, opening the door to possibilities of working on the hottest fashion shoots, events, and TV and film productions in the industry.
But entering the industry can be difficult; it’s not always obvious how you can take the leap from makeup enthusiast to makeup professional and unlock these limitless opportunities.
Learn from home and get industry-leading training
Choosing the right school to study with can be tricky and time-consuming, which is why DFMA has partnered with Workshop to deliver you their high-quality training at home. Learn from the DFMA founder herself, Davinia Fermi, as she teaches practical skills and shares insightful advice to help you make your mark in this fast-paced industry.
Do what you love
With this course from DFMA, you can follow your passion on your own schedule, learning alongside other aspiring artists and getting support every step of the way.
The DFMA team consistently strive for the ‘wow’ factor in everything that they do – so expect to be impressed as you learn the skills to make it as a globally recognised makeup artist.
Learn Professional Skills in Your Own Home
Fashion, TV & Media Makeup: 6-Week Intensive Course
This course has been designed to suit students of all experience levels. Whether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned industry makeup artist, this course takes you on a journey through learning all the necessary techniques and insights that every professional makeup artist and well-trained enthusiast needs to achieve industry-standard makeup skills.
Throughout the course, you’ll gain access to a series ultra-high quality, video-based sessions that take you through the process of learning everything from flawless face nude looks to glamorous Bollywood makeup looks. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be putting makeup to brush from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
By joining the course, you’ll gain access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 6 week-long units guiding you through 2-4 hours of makeup artistry each week
- Across 12 individual looks, you’ll learn 40+ industry-essential makeup techniques
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from your class mentor
- Feedback on your makeup looks from your expert mentor and peers via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- At the end of your course, you’ll receive a DFMA Approved Certificate of Completion
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also:
- Receive comprehensive study materials and downloadable notes for you to keep
- Become part of the DFMA family and receive industry insights and advice upon completion of the course
- 12-Month Access to all video-based sessions
With 12 unique looks teaching you over 40 individual techniques, each week you will follow along with 2 guided step-by-step makeup sessions, taught by the Founder of DFMA, Davinia Fermi.
This in-depth course covers everything you would learn from an in-person DFMA course, but lets you learn all the skills in the comfort of your own home.
Convenient & Flexible
Suggested time: 2-4 hours per week
- At the start of each week, you will be prompted to schedule 2 practical makeup sessions taking 2-4 hours to complete, and to gather all the equipment you’ll need to follow along. But remember – you don’t have to follow along week-by-week as the course is designed to fit around you.
- In every session, you’ll follow along with your DFMA mentor through a series of step-by-step videos, learning skills and techniques by getting stuck in and doing them!
- After each session, you’ll be asked to upload photos of your looks for discussion and feedback from your peers and mentor.
- At the end of the course, you can earn your Certificate of Completion to confirm you have your DFMA makeup artistry training.
- Flawless Face Editorial Look
- Bollywood Glamour Look
- 1930s Twist Look
- 1950s Look
- 1960s Look
- Ice Queen Look
- Beauty Editorial Look
- Tribal Look
- Smoky Eyes Look
- Bridal Makeup Look
- 1920s Look
- Transformation Look
Davinia Fermi Make Up Academy, on Workshop
Since opening their first school in Brighton in 2010, DFMA has expanded to other locations across the UK and is the only national makeup school – DFMA are highly regarded in the industry, and are known for their knowledge and expertise in helping students launch their careers.
With a wealth of industry experience, the teachers at DFMA go above and beyond teaching just the necessary skills and makeup techniques – they also provide an invaluable insight into up-to-date, highly demanded up-to-date industry trends and contacts to help students get started in this competitive industry.
With Workshop’s unique learning experience, DFMA is now able to teach hands-on makeup skills to people in their own homes, providing in-depth feedback and a close community network just as they do at their schools around the UK.
Meet Your Mentor – Davinia Fermi
As a highly-experienced makeup and hair artist, Davinia’s work has appeared on several BBC shows, many tours around the world with music artists, professional music videos and in countless glossy magazines internationally including Vogue and Tatler throughout her highly-regarded career.
Davinia’s passion for her art and industry shine through in her genuine, straightforward and down-to-earth teaching style. You’ll feel part of the DFMA family in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the course take?
Do I need to complete sessions at specific times?
How long will I have access to the course?
What is the typical workload per week of the course?
Will I get a list of all the equipment I’ll need for the course ahead of time?
How much contact will I get with my mentor?
Do you offer a money back guarantee? (*)
If you book your place within 30 days of the course start date, you can claim a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
Can I earn a certificate through this course?